Every 10 years after the U.S. Census, the San Francisco supervisorial districts are redrawn to ensure that each district’s population remains equal.
The San Francisco Redistricting Task Force is hosting online public meetings about the redistricting process. District 7 (D7) will be the topic of the meeting on Wednesday, Feb 23 at 5:30 pm. Diamond Heights is in District 8 (D8); however, several of the citizen redistricting proposals move Diamond Heights to D7. The Diamond Heights Community Association Board opposes this move because:
- Diamond Heights is separated from D7 by Glen Canyon Park
- Diamond Heights shares many issues in common with our D8 neighbors, Noe Valley, Glen Park, Twin Peaks and The Castro.
- It would be more difficult for community organizations to work together toward a common goal
Please attend the online meeting at 5:30 PM on Wednesday Feb 23 to let the Task Force know that Diamond Heights needs to stay in D8:
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN
1 (415) 655-0001
Meeting ID 2494 075 1575 # #
(Press *3 to enter the speaker line)
Can’t make it to the meeting? Please send your comments to: email@example.com
Learn more about the Redistricting Task Force web site, offer comments, peruse the redistricting proposals that have been submitted or submit one of your own at: https://sfelections.org/rdtf.
The meeting agenda and instructions for joining the Feb 23 meeting online are posted here: https://sf.gov/meeting/february-23-2022-redistricting-task-force-meeting-district-7
Other ways to stay informed:
- Submit comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the email list to receive updates issued by the Redistricting Task Force at https://sfelections.org/rdtf
- Follow the Redistricting Task Force on Facebook and Twitter: @RedistrictSF
To view map proposals and other communication related to redistricting, visit https://sfelections.org/rdtf